Friday, August 19, 2011

Another treatment down

Jon had his third chemo treatment today of six, he is over halfway done. The chemo went really well today. He has been feeling a little bit better than his last treatment, but is still a little nauseous and quite light headed. His blood counts are still only around a 9, so he still has absolutely no energy. He physically can't do very much at all. In fact, I wont let him do very much. I don't want him to burn out, so I am making him take it very easy. It has been hard that he is not capable of doing the things he did before. Jon is an amazing guy, he is a rock climber, mountain biker, scuba diver, snow boarder, and hunter. As of now, he can't do any of those activities. It is hard for him. Jon is also very handy, he has always been able to fix anything and work on anything. He was a mechanic, so he knows cars well. He hasn't been able to do the repairs on our vehicles that I know he wants to do so badly (like an oil change and such). It is hard for Jon not to be able to do these things right now, but he is determined to get better so he can do the things he loves and enjoys once again. It will be a while, but Jon is awesome and strong. He can do anything he puts his mind to. My job right now is to make sure he ISN'T doing those things. I want him better more than anyone else! I can promise you that! We finally got our car back yesterday, after almost two months, just in time for school to start. Our blessings are definitely still flowing. As promised (I know.... forever ago) here is a picture of his shaved head. He is looking pretty good, don't ya'll think so?



4 comments:

Liz said...

He looks like Dad.

Cheerful Cherry said...

If I bought him a cowboy hat, would he wear it when he goes out in the sun? They certainly shade the head, nose, ears etc. etc. better than a baseball cap!

Cheerful Cherry said...

He's still my cute boy even if he doesn't have a head full of hair!

Momnerd said...

Looking good, Jon! Take it easy!